Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

EB08

Status
Not open for further replies.

herbymcduff

I need a datasheet for a diode (EB08) in a DO41 case style. Thanks.

Sorry, I had a misprint. It is ER08.

Where is it used? I couldn't find any info. neither on internet nor in any of the semiconductor cross reference databases I have. I doub't whether the number is right or the diode is very old and has become obsolete.

The part number is right, and I woundn't guess that it is to old, I mean, it is in a fairly new DVD player.
The only reason I say it is a diode is that it has a cathode side. But running the diode check on my meter, it shows short (black to cat, and red to an) with a voltage drop of .4v. And if my memory serves me right a diode (if silicon) shold drop .6 to .7v. And if it is a germanium it should drop .3v. And I have no clue if it would be a zener.
It is in the switching power supply, but it is not the bridge diodes. I would like to place the schematic here, but I do not have the proper equipment.
I also looked everywhere but couldn't find it. I was hoping that maybe by chance someone had that problem before and had located a datasheet before.
But anyway, I would still apprieciate it if anyone of you would be able to help me.
Thanks.

It's not E808, but thank you for trying to help. Hopefully I can get a general idea of what it is and see if there is another diode I can replace with.
Again, I thank you for atleast trying.

See the link above E808. Its ER series of diodes. The description says they are fast recovery diodes. Just have a look.

Sorry I forgot to thank you for the site above. It was actually helpful in helping me figure out the general idea of what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back