Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Earth problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

GamerDD

hello ,

i have a problem with the earth he goes everythime off but i use nothing and nothing is defect and i pull all the thing off from the socket

sorry for my bad englisch

Greetzz GamerDD

Ground Fault Interrupter (GFI) tripping spuriously? What do they call GFIs in the rest of the world?

Last edited:

Two possibilities: First, something you have plugged in actually has developed an internal fault, and is leaking current to ground. If so, this is potentially dangerous, so fix the appliance. Most likely problem.

Second, the GFI/RCD is defective, and is tripping when it shouldn't. Since I can buy a new one for <$10, I would just replace it to see if that solves the problem. If not, go back to #1, above. A bad GFI/RCD is much less likely than #1...

English is not my native language, either!:D

Earth the planet? Do you mean electrical ground?
Earth, ground there the same thing aren't they?

I don't mind you picking on retards but it's obvious English isn't his first language.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back