Eagle symbol question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speakerguy

OK, so I am making a symbol for a PIC in Eagle. On pins where it's active low or something like that, I usually just use a pin with an inverter circle.

The pins on this PIC have multiple functions, some active high others active low. How do I add the little bars across certain letters to show it's active low? (such as EN with a line on top for active low enable). That way I could use a regular pin and, with the list of pin functions, just show which were active high or low with the text for each. Right now I am just putting a ' symbol after the function for that pin that is active low and it is not very visible. In PADS I would just do \EN\ and I would get an active low enable with the bar over it.

Thanks!

Putting a "* " is also possible.
there are spl characters table in MS word . perhaps a go thro that table may help you select few. there after you may have to try tranfering it thro paint or some other package.

BTW, there must be a way of calling a ASCII code any character from that list.

Another example change the language and see whether some of the characters will be useful

There are a number of different conventions for indicating active low signals without an overbar.

Here are a few...

/EN is closest in appearance
-EN shows negation
EN# is used for some microcontrollers (Intel 8051)
nEN or n_EN are used when special characters are not allowed

As you are probably using / to separate names on multifunction pins, my preference would be #, but - is very usable, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…