Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Eagle Software How To ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

williB

how do i get rid of or move the part descriptions..??
oh BTW the layout editor is free and can be found at

Attachments

• stepper_5.jpg
    stepper_5.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 480
evandude said:
the command to allow you to select part numbers is SMASH... its one of the buttons in the toolbar... once you do that you can delete them
thanks for your reply.
i found the smash command ..it put little plus signs in front of the text ..
now what.??

when there are plus signs... it means you can select and move the text independently of the part... meaning you can either move them somewhere else, or delete them just as you would a part...

evandude said:
when there are plus signs... it means you can select and move the text independently of the part... meaning you can either move them somewhere else, or delete them just as you would a part...
i did that ..ok but it keeps putting them back..

usually works for me... but at least you can move them somewhere else

or you could always set the names/values layers to be not viewable, then you won't see any of them at all

evandude said:
usually works for me... but at least you can move them somewhere else

or you could always set the names/values layers to be not viewable, then you won't see any of them at all
ok, i got it, thank you so much.

I have encountered the same problem. I seriously needed to delete them off of the board itself, the component density was high enough that every name overlapped and many were unreadable. If I recall correctly I could delete one of the tags, but deleting both the name and value causes them to both reappear.

Bad, bad annoying feature.

Oznog said:
I have encountered the same problem. I seriously needed to delete them off of the board itself, the component density was high enough that every name overlapped and many were unreadable. If I recall correctly I could delete one of the tags, but deleting both the name and value causes them to both reappear.

Bad, bad annoying feature.
i know ...
when you delete them they keep coming back
i took evandude' s advice and moved them , but apparently you cannot get rid of them...

like i said... unless you really need some of them there just disable the NAMES and VALUES layers and you won't see any of them. that's what I usually do when a board is getting too crowded. if you're not familiar with tweaking layers in eagle, especially on a board layout, i suggest you play with it because it's an incredibly helpful tool in designing boards... especially once you get into double-sided boards and surface-mount stuff, it becomes near impossible to do it without constantly enabling/disabling layers so you can actually see anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back