Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Eagle PCB help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simple Minimal

Hello, everybody :)

• How to remove those "alignment" crosses ( in the middle of [ all ] components ) ?
  • How to remove the package name ( for example, a 9V battery clip has it's name and a package name, which is totally [ in my opinion ] useless ) ?

Example board ( image ) can be found HERE.

Thanks in advance!

right hand side, near the top, is a button that looks like a red, green, blue squares. Push that. You can pick what layers you are looking at. If you turn off tName, tValue or tPlace you might get what you want.

Thank you for posting a picture of what you are talking about! Picture=1000 words +/- 30%

Last edited:
From memory.

I think the alignment marks are on the origin layer.

The values are on TVALUE and BVALUE. The names are on TNAME and BNAME.

Turn off the layers you do not want to see.

[ in my opinion ] try not to carp about stuff till you read the fine manual.

right hand side, near the top, is a button that looks like a red, green, blue squares. Push that. You can pick what layers you are looking at. If you turn off tName, tValue or tPlace you might get what you want.

Thank you for posting a picture of what you are talking about! Picture=1000 words +/- 30%

From memory.

I think the alignment marks are on the origin layer.

The values are on TVALUE and BVALUE. The names are on TNAME and BNAME.

Turn off the layers you do not want to see.

[ in my opinion ] try not to carp about stuff till you read the fine manual.

Thank you - that is all I was looking for; works as expected.

Hello, everybody :)

[*]How to remove those "alignment" crosses ( in the middle of [ all ] components ) ?

"Alignment" crosses are "origins" of the package. You can not remove them but make them invisible. For the component layer use layer23(tOrigins) and for components placed on the solder side use layer24(bOrigins). The layers must be unchecked to make the origins invisible.
[*]How to remove the package name ( for example, a 9V battery clip has it's name and a package name, which is totally [ in my opinion ] useless ) ?

A package has a name and a value. The name is usually the part name with a number, e.g. IC1. You certainly don't want to remove that, but possibly the value, e.g. HCF4093.

You might use either of the two methods:

A) Values are printed and displayed in the corresponding value layer (layer27=tValue) and layer28=bValue. Unchecking the desired layer the part value won't be displayed.

B) If you want to delete a part value use "smash" for the part (The origin must be visible for smashing). You will notice two reference crosses for the part name and part value. Erasing the value it won't reappear again. Erasing name and value and refreshing the screen both, part name and value will reappear. So you can erase either one with the desired effect.

Thanks in advance!

Boncuk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back