Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Eagle library export issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

earckens

When a library is extracted from a .brd file with the file/run ulp/exp-lbrs.ulp command then all separate parts are stored in individual little libraries in the projects folder where also the .sch and .brd files are.

When in the libraries folder a new library is created for that project and all individual little libraries are copied into this single new library then there still is no live link with the .brd and .sch file. Example: if I change a component in this new single library (for example the pad size from long to round) and activate the "update" button on the library menu, nothing changes in the open .brd file.
If however I make the change in the little individual library and press "update" there, then the component changes in the .brd open file.

How can I change this so that the new library is connected "live" to the corresponding .brd file?

Solved: apparently Eagle has an issue with identical libraries located differently. Best is, so I think, to keep the .sch and .lbr library per project in the same project folder and only update a personal "master library" after the project is finished with the most recent versions of packages, symbols and devices from the project library.
Funny how a well engineered program like Eagle does not have a proper library manager.

Solved: apparently Eagle has an issue with identical libraries located differently. Best is, so I think, to keep the .sch and .lbr library per project in the same project folder and only update a personal "master library" after the project is finished with the most recent versions of packages, symbols and devices from the project library.
Funny how a well engineered program like Eagle does not have a proper library manager.
You can have fun and games with the libraries even on the most expensive ECAD.:arghh:

spec

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back