Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Eagle layout question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russlk

I often get this error message: "Can't back-annotate this connection, make the change in the schematic" even tho I am following the schematic. A work-around that I use is to move the end of the trace over the pad, which is allowed but the system does not recognize the connection, so if I move the part the connection does not move with it. Does any one else have this problem, and what do you do about it?

I have asked tech support several times how to turn the design rule check off, but don't get an answer. I get so many clearance warnings when I run DRC that it is useless.

Do you really need to do the manual routing rather than just autoroute it?

Clearance warnings are there for a reason! They can't be mfg'ed reliably so why are you doing them in the first place?

The DRC file can be edited if you have different mfg specifications.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "turning the DRC off". In my flow doing DRC is a manual step.

I'm not quite sure what you're saying about making the board follow the schematic. It sounds like you're making the board and schematic separately which is a huge mistake. You should have a board open while you build the schematic and all the components and connections will be made for you, 100% consistent with the schematic. Trying to do this manually if you forgot to have the board open is a terrible problem.

I have a solution: I rename the board file and delete the schematic of the same name that is automatically generated by the program. I have to close the program, but when I start it up there is no schematic, so no error messages. I had a board built with multiple clearance warnings and it was fine, so that is not a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back