Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Eagle Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frosty_47

Hello,

I have Eagle 5.6 Free in school and at home. When I use Mesh tool at home to connect things such as GND, VCC and Various IC Pins, Mesh does not always connect the two. Instead it draws a line but does not connect. I am tearing out my hair trying to get an assignment done but I can't proceed to board design because not all connections are actually connected. I tried reconnecting them many times but the result is the same: Line drawn but no physical connection. I never experienced this problem at school.

please help.....

Last edited:
Do you have the grid set differently between the two machines?

Mike.

Yes but I started a fresh project from my home.

Why don't you just use the autorouter?

I haven't tried "Mesh" yet but I suppose it won't connect pads if there is no way using a single layer.

You should at least have a bunch of air wires left after the procedure.

Boncuk

Last edited:
I had a problem like this recently, and while I can't remember exactly, it was something to do with the automatic clearances that had been assigned. Eagle was forcing the ground plane to stay away from the pad since it believed that the clearance was supposed to apply to that pad even though I connected the pad to the ground plane. Sorry I can't be more specific, but it has something to do with clearances assigned to that pad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back