Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dynex 37 inch Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

qilly100

this is pretty dumb but i accidentally put my LCD TV in a 220v socket... and 20min later smoke starts coming out from my LCD and i just got panic and unplug it... now after an hr i plug my LCD in 110V next to 220V socket, i turn on the LCD it open but suddenly it turn black then open again then turn black.... i was wandering if that problem can be fix imean repair...i was hopping if that thing can be rapair..... im really need some help guys ......really i am....

inshort my LCD just got OVER HEATED T_T now if may i ask is still can be repaired back?

Last edited:
yikes

How in heavens name did you accidentally plug a 120v unit into a 220v outlet,

It probibly can be repaired, but not by someone with little to no technical experience. Find a repair shop...and be more careful.

How in heavens name did you accidentally plug a 120v unit into a 220v outlet,

It probibly can be repaired, but not by someone with little to no technical experience. Find a repair shop...and be more careful.

i have 2 sockets in my room..one is a 220V and 110v.. i just plug the wrong socket -.- and i did not notice it pretty dumb.... worst day ever... now im ganna look for someone who can fix this

i have 2 sockets in my room..one is a 220V and 110v.. i just plug the wrong socket

But how did you do it? Can you show a picture of these two plugs.

The plugs should be different enough between 110 and 220 to make it impossible.

Or is a home made wiring job, not to code?

I agree with pfofit. I myself have 1 receptacle in my room, one has 240V and the other has 120V and both are different according with the National electric code. You could not plug the 120 into the 240 due in difference from one another.

Last edited:
its a home wiring from my dad i dont know how he do that but one thing is now i know in the middle part of the socket is a 220v then the rightpart is a 110v.. my 1st LCD tv just got overheated ....... ... i try to turn on the LCD on 110v there some image coming out then suddenly it will turn black....... there still little hope to fix this ?..i was thinking about the power circuit is the cost of overheated not the LCD since it showed some images then it turns black again...

**broken link removed**

its a home wiring from my dad i dont know how he do that but one thing is now i know in the middle part of the socket is a 220v then the rightpart is a 110v

I would suggest you get it wired properly then, something as completely stupid as that is simply asking for disaster to strike.

Personally I find the idea of having two different voltages in a house as completely bizarre, what a weird idea?.

Koly Crap!!

Its not just weird..its downright DANGEROUS...and where the hell is the GROUND?
Luckily all your family members are all alive, as well as all your electronic devices!

Oh Brother

I guess the electrical code isnt very tight in the Phillipines, Yes your unit IS repairable, and PROBIBLY only the power supply is damaged......but MAN, if this is the first time this has happened...you are VERY lucky.

Open it up for a few pictures pleeez!:)

Do you really think that that is a really good idea...considering this guy has absolutely NO CLUE how to repair this. Hasnt this poor chaps life been threatened enough lately?

Last edited:
It would be more expensive to buy a new TV or to buy a new circuitboard, that could only need a $1 part to fix it!(and provides a good learning experience!)

Anyway, I think the main filter capacitor has probably gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back