Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DYI Layout - Where to find it??

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrUmunhum

Hi group,

I keep seeing references to a java program called 'DYI_Layout' that can be used to create componet layout images. I have downloaded the Windozes version but I want the Linux version. All of the links that I have found are dead.

Does anyone have a current URL to download the Linux version??

Last edited:
Umm... MrUm.. Java is platform independent =) There is no windows or linux version of it, or it can't be Java. If you have a JRE (Java Runtime Environment) on the machine it'll run Java apps. You need to install a JRE on your linux box, then you just run the .java app.

Hi group,

I keep seeing references to a java program called 'DYI_Layout' that can be used to create componet layout images. I have downloaded the Windozes version but I want the Linux version. All of the links that I have found are dead.

Does anyone have a current URL to download the Linux version??

A little Googling around seems to indicate that the author hasn't done much (if anything) with it since last August.

Apparently there is a Java version (version 3 beta) but I haven't found a download link for that yet. The last stable version I found is 1.23, which seems to run just fine for me on Linux under wine.

I'd say just run it under wine for now.

Good luck,

Torben

Can't find source

Umm... MrUm.. Java is platform independent =) There is no windows or linux version of it, or it can't be Java. If you have a JRE (Java Runtime Environment) on the machine it'll run Java apps. You need to install a JRE on your linux box, then you just run the .java app.

I can't find where the Java source is. All is can find is a Windoze install .exe.
Ran that under wine and install something but does not run the code.
I'm going to reboot to Winders and try it.

I can't find where the Java source is. All is can find is a Windoze install .exe.
Ran that under wine and install something but does not run the code.
I'm going to reboot to Winders and try it.

Huh. What version of Linux and wine are you running? As I said, it runs for me under wine. I haven't checked all its functions yet but I was able to put together a simple stripboard layout without any trouble.

Torben

I am running FC8 on a Fujitsu laptop with whatever comes with that.

I'm sure it is how I have wine setup, looks like the DLLs are not getting loaded correctly.

I just booted Linux after running Winders. DYI Layout looks promissing for my projects. Just don't want to have to run Winders. I hate it!

I am running FC8 on a Fujitsu laptop with whatever comes with that.

I'm sure it is how I have wine setup, looks like the DLLs are not getting loaded correctly.

I just booted Linux after running Winders. DYI Layout looks promissing for my projects. Just don't want to have to run Winders. I hate it!

I suspect the problem is related to the old version of Fedora you're using. FC8 isn't even supported anymore.

Sadly I don't know what versions of wine it supports, though. Is it possible to upgrade to FC10 (the current version)?

Torben

I'm putting off upgrading because it takes so long to configure the new OS to my specs.

I have wine 1.0 so that may be the difference. It appears that the stable wine release for FC8 is wine 1.0-rc3 so you might want to give that a shot.

Good luck!

Torben

Last edited:
Still does not run

Torben,

I upgraded wine to 1.1.9. Tried with that and got an error about wingding fonts missing. Fixed that and got error OLE 80004002, which is about NT DLLs. Looks like I'm hosed! It does start but fails when I try to add a resistor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back