Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DVD stuck iv car

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronnie85

Tried about everything besides removing player any suggestions how to remove DVD from 2010 vw routan? Road trip next weekend and must have entertainment for kiddos so they don't drive me nuts

I'm not familiar with that vehicle. Is the DVD mechanically jammed, or is the problem caused by an electronics malfunction (e.g. eject switch not functioning)?

I'm assuming you want to retrieve the remaining DVD undamaged?

I don't care if it gets damaged I just want it out and be able to have the player work my youngest is 3 and man she will have a cow on a 3 hr trip

Ok, are you able to see the disc from the front? What type of DVD player is it? Could you post some images?

You may be able to pry it out carefully (without damaging the DVD player itself) using a long flat object (Jeweler's screwdriver, perhaps), but I'd need to see the player in question before saying for sure.

Regards,
Matt

It won't let me upload photo saying to large its on a 2010 routan se its built into the dash its not the one in the touch screen but under temp control

It won't let me upload photo saying to large

You can open the image in an editor (MS Paint, for example) and shrink it down. Try shrinking it to about 500 pixels wide.

Heelre it is

Attachments

• IMG_20150515_103240.jpg
    IMG_20150515_103240.jpg
    521.7 KB · Views: 279
Hmm, yep--about what I was picturing. I think your best bet would be to use a flat-head jeweler's screwdriver to try to pry it out. You'd need to keep it as close to the edge as possible to avoid scratching or damaging the actual dvd player mechanics.

Something else to keep in mind is that if this DVD is stuck in there, there's a chance something already bent out of shape and it won't be able to play discs anymore even if you get this one out. Hopefully that's not the case, but you may want to figure out a plan B just to be on the safe side.

Regards,
Matt

I had same problem. Fixed itself after 50 retries.

Get a pair of tweezers (like eyelash pullers) and cover each gripper tip with either dual sided sticky tape, or very small diameter, 1/4" long nalgene plastic tube.

Using a dull knife (butter knife) and a flashlight, gently pry open the fuzzy DVD window and locate the stuck DVD's edge. Relocate the knife under the DVD and gently pry UP (this is to help dislodge it from the bottom centering ring). You should be able to still see the DVD edge. Set the flashlight aside.

Now, while maintaining the knife's position, get a helper to to repeatedly hit the "eject" button and, firmly gripping the edge of the DVD with the tweezers, pull it straight out.

It might take several tries. And with any luck the DVD will be undamaged (since the top locking ring, if it scrapes anything, it will be the top of the DVD).

Last edited:
Get a pair of tweezers (like eyelash pullers) with cover each gripper tip with either dual sided sticky tape, or very small diameter, 1/4" long nalgene plastic tube.

Using a dull knife (butter knife) and a flashlight, gently pry open the fuzzy DVD window and locate the stuck DVD's edge. Relocate the knife under the DVD and gently pry UP (this is to help dislodge it from the bottom centering ring). You should be able to still see the DVD edge once you set down the flashlight.

Now, firmly grip the edge of the DVD with the tweezers and pull it straight out.

It might take several tries. And with any luck the DVD will be undamaged (since the top locking ring, if it scrapes anything, it will be the top of the DVD).

Good call on the tweezers with protected tips! That might be your best bet, ronnie85.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back