Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dunno if anyone can help me with this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nostrafus

I'm in need of a design idea for firing off 10 seperate pulses of 1000V DC, they would have to be no longer than 1/10th of a second apart. Needs to run with 9v battery, heat is no issue, I can use a heat sink on the power supply if need be.

I was wondering for what? My electronics knowledge is very minimal but I am curious what you are doing(something neighbor or pest related?)

Either one, I can modify my design for one or 10 wires.

And uhh... lets just say it's for something I really really shouldn't be building, but still want to... nothing that will break any international laws or anything, just a few minor ones in the US if I were to use it.

?are u mad

i hope u know the power u are using.another point is that u will use 1000Vdc or produce it?can u explain how can this be with a battery?

Using 9V. I have an old stun gun that will produce 10KV, but the only problem is I can't get it fast enough. The electrical pulses it produces are roughly .5-1.5 seconds apart, it depends on air moisture, temperature, etc.

It wasn't made from the best parts, but if needed I can buy better, I just need one that will discharge the capacitor every .1 seconds or possibly less, the only way I can trim it down is by dropping the capacitance level, and if I do that, I may blow the capacitor, or possibly one of the diodes or transistors.

The circuit itself is very fragile, and using it 10-15 times has left scorch marks on the PCB, which is why I want to drop the voltage to 1K, only problem is, to do that I'd have to get a new transformer, and since the transformer has no markings other than one that says 18, which is of no help, I can't decide what to do with it.

My original plan was to use this circuit as the power supply for my project, but it's neither fast or reliable enough to use.

how about using the transformer from a flash from a camera. it produces 300-400V and you can use some diodes and capsa to triple it.
you can charge a 100uF or a bit larger one from the batt and discharge it trough the transformer?
use a 555 do drive it.
or you could use any type of transformer, even one from an adaptor used backwards.

You could always use a 4017, diodes/resistors off each output to an optoisolator driving a high voltage transistor. Use a 1KV supply with a couple HV caps at the output to make sure you've got enough juice.

Arlin, never said I was using this circuit for building a linear accelerator, besides, those are easier to build using permenant supermagnets. And if I wanted to build a linear accelerator using an electromagnet, I'd make a DC to AC transformer (Yes they actually do exits, just very expensive to build, I happen to have a schematic for this one too), hook it up to a car battery and make a tesla coil as a booster, then use a supercapacitor 1200uF @ 200V to magnetize the coils (using extremely tiny coils 32 or less ga.) wrapped around thin lead pipe, and a larger one around the outside, and an endcap with a hole drilled in it to block the EMR, and use a aluminum cased, steel or tungston core bullet.

Or I could also use a "Transformer" coil, It's designed like a transformer only not quite, the larger coil surrounds the smaller one, and both become magnetized when a current travels down both at the same time, if wrapped properly, they can make a powerful supermagnet, saw one being powered by 12V move a 10 lb block of steel 5", and I'd be using something similar to move a 1oz piece of steel, 120th the weight (I think, can't remember oz to lb).

:) Yes I've spent a lot of time thinking about this one.

Aiight thanks man, so 160th the weight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back