Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dunkermotoren Gearbox DC motor with 57 Pulses Encoder

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATMega

Hi everyone,

I have a Dunkermotoren DC motor with Gearbox and Encoder (it's second hand) with following characteristics:

GearBox:
nr 88850 01206
36:1
Mzul 80 Ncm

Motor:
G30 2 42/94
88615 01500
12V 0.60A
2900 UPM

Encoder:
88710 04629
01 22

I don't know how to work with it. I wanna make it move 90degrees by pushing a button and then by pushing another bottun turn it back to 0degree (Poisition Controlling).
I have no idea about it. could you please help me ASAP?
Thanks!

I think it will be difficult to control the motor so that the gearbox output shaft rotates only 90°. The gearbox ratio appears to be 36:1, which means the motor itself would have to rotate only 9 revs. So as soon as you start it up you will have to turn it off again. Inertia means that without sophisticated control (including perhaps dynamic braking) it will over-run.

You would need some sort of controller/PLC etc. An encoder only gives positional feedback, you need a 5V connection from the encoder to the controller, you could get a unit from Dunker, but it tends to be more expensive than if you go with brushless motors with a built-in controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back