Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dumb Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

compute_a_nerd

Hi guys, as most of you know I am really really new to electronics. Anyway I have a really dumb question, but I don't know the answer so. I bought a 555cp, and I'm getting ready to wire it up, but I dont know where pin 1 is and so on. I checked on the wrapper that it came in but it doesn't say. I would appreciate any help.
Thanks again
Chris :?: :?:

Look closely , you should see a small dot on the top of the package, adjacent to pin1, else there may be a "cut out" in the package, again adjacent to pin1

HTH Chip

IC Pin Numbering

Note that the pins are numbered ANTI-CLOCKWISE, this is true of all IC sizes, if it is a DIP package.

The identifiers for pin one could be in any combination, but there will be at least one, dot, dent or square.

Picture to upload as soon as the server will let me (Max upload is currently 0 (ZERO) bytes !)...

FINALLY ... I can attach my sketch ... date Sat 19th April

Attachments

• IC_Pin_Numbers.gif
    IC_Pin_Numbers.gif
    2.4 KB · Views: 444
Thanks guys, I was kinda figuring that cirle marked the first pin. I have another quick question: With led's does the long end go to ground or the short end, or does it not matter?
Again a stupid ? but I'm a noob.
Thanks
Chris :lol:

N/M guys I found it on the website you put a few posts ago. So the short end is ground, and the long is positive.
Thanks
Chris :D

the lomg is positive the short is negative, but i found a bunch of leds wich were reversed...
also there is something wich you can tell the polarity, if you can see inside the led, if it is a bit transpartent you will see that the leads end in somelarger parts. on is bigger, wich is the negative and the cristal is placed on that, and the other is positive and a tiny wire comes from that to the cristal....
you know, leds look nice on the microscope...EPROMS too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back