Duck shoot project for a-level...any help from u brainz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

subzero_x22

*im a beginner* Thank you to all those who replyed to my previous message, but i feel i havnt been clear enough in it ------*EXPANSION*---- using a bread board i am to make a duck shoot game where i have a 7segment LED, a 10 bar LED and a button. When power is applied the 10 bar LED would light up and run from left to right continuously, the aim of the game is u have to press the LED when a certain bar on the 10 bar LED is lit, if you hit the target 1 is displayed on the 7 Segment LED and so on (depending on how many times u hit the target). Now can anyone give me any pointers as to what circuits are to be mde and how i can make them. Thankyou :lol:

'hello, i have a duck shoot project that has to be handed in by the beginning of april '

As this is for your A-Level ( Important ) project upon which your results will depend then you should approach you tutor for advice/pointers.

Having said that you might think about using Infrared leds in the ducks and one or two infrared emitters in the 'gun'.

:lol:

Hmmm... IR could bounce off walls at all sorts of angles - can cause false 'hits'. Better to use a laser diode, I think:

**broken link removed**

Since you said, "handed in," I assume this is for a school project. What is your grade and level of electronics experience? We are thinking that you are talking about a "gun" with a light source that, when pointed at a target, will make something happen. Please expand on your ideas.

Phasor:

[Hmmm... IR could bounce off walls at all sorts of angles - can cause false 'hits'. Better to use a laser diode, I think: ]

I agree totally. When I suggested IR I expected the student to think of what is for and against this type of design.

If the 'gun' is an emitter within a tube this will give some element of directional control and reduce the chance of false hits.

If each 'duck' has an IR led and a standard led or lamp then...

the IR led is wired to one input of an AND gate and the other input is connected to the standard led/lamp then, with a pseudo random generator the led/lamp is lit on a 'duck'. If you then point the 'gun' at the relevant 'duck' within a set timeframe - 1..2 seconds - and pull the trigger.
If your aim is good enough and within the timeframe then the AND sends the signal to the rest of the circuitry and - hey presto - one dead 'duck'.

If not the next 'duck' illuminates.

THAT was my idea - but I would prefer to stretch minds rather than give definitive answers.

I live in the same country as this student and know what the A-Level means to him/her - in 3 years time my daughter will be doing it, with the minimum of help from me and no definitive answers.

One more thing about using a laser diode - I'm trying to keep the cost down.

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…