Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DTMF_project

Status
Not open for further replies.

sumeshm.pnr

In my project me have to add up an auto answering machine.
my project is to develop a caller id with auto answering facility.
Me have caller id circuit.
what i have to do for integrating caller id with auto answering facility..

please reply me...
all are welcome....

with thanks in advance

Last edited:
Stop by the nearest Wal-mart or large shopping center and by a answring machine with built in caller ID.
It will save you loads of time, trouble and money.
If you cant afford one of those you will never afford to build your own!

Just my thoughts.

Stop by the nearest Wal-mart or large shopping center and by a answring machine with built in caller ID.
It will save you loads of time, trouble and money.
If you cant afford one of those you will never afford to build your own!

Just my thoughts.
this is my academic project.. so want to build it.
please give me valuable suggestion.

I was at a local 99 cent store near by my home shopping with the wife. I usually wait in the car and read a book but decided to see if they might have anything useful in their 'electrical isle'. Lo and behold I found a ATT caller ID unit. It included a phone extension cable a DC wall wart transformer, so for 99 cents I bought it just for possible useful parts. It's built in a two board sandwich style construction. The 'analog' section has lots of useful caps, resistors and one LM324 parts and the 'digital board' has one IC potted in black epoxy (useless) that seems to drive the LCD and one 16 pin SMD (FX602D4) IC to handle the caller ID FSK decoding. I was able to find a data sheet on this chip so maybe someday if I have need for a 1200 baud FSK receiver/decoder I'll be all set. Anyway quite the parts collection for one buck. ;)

Lefty

Last edited:
Buy the store bought unit, Strip it, rearange the components and make it look homemade and your set! :D

If your instructors questions it just say that "in the real world" you dont reinvent the wheel. You just go to the local tire center and get aready made ones!
then say " those who can, do! those who cant, um... well, they have jobs just like yours." ;)

If your going down in flames you might as well make the crash a memerable one! :)

You're a riot TCM =)
The sad part is the poster would probably get an A grade for it.

The good part is he may very well become one of those engineers that can actualy get a job done fast, under budget and still have it work realiably!
Most of my miraculous saves I have done for customers was just knowing how to use a common and often cheap item to repair something exspensive and complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back