Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DTMF IC Test_failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinodquilon

Pls find the attachment.
After setting the circuit (using mt8870) , when I switch on the circuit LEDs 1,2,3, & 4 are all suddenly ON without detecting ring volt and key press. Does this mean the IC is out-of-work. I have only one IC, otherwise I would have gone for IC replacement.

Attachments

• CI-2-DTMF.pdf
    103.2 KB · Views: 196
What happens when you press a DTMF button on the Telephone the circuit is connected to? Anything? Does the proper sequence of LEDs illuminate for that moment?

What happens when you press a DTMF button on the Telephone the circuit is connected to? Anything? Does the proper sequence of LEDs illuminate for that moment?

LEDs ON when the circuit is turned ON and it remains in the ON state after pressing keys. No change for output LEDs.

The circuit is not supposed to detect the ringing voltage. The zener diodes stop the ringing high voltage from destroying the IC.

The circuit is not supposed to detect the ringing voltage. The zener diodes stop the ringing high voltage from destroying the IC.

But the ringing voltage of around 50v is accepted by local telephone.When it is in off-hook 50v reduces to 12v. Then the dtmf tones are applied to IC. But in my check LEDs 1 to 4 except 5 are ON all time. When key press occurs at remote end no change in state of any LEDs 1 to 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back