Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DsPic SMPS PFC knowledge required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuartiannaylor

Hi,

I have an open source design that I need help with. I could really do with some assistance as I have a huge amount of work with network protocols blah blah.. The list goes on and on.

I am very passionate about the idea of a open source energy saving intelligent controller. Its a hub that provides everything for the modern smart home from a Media Centre to automation tasks. There is a huge amount of work in that direction in the Linux arena and what is missing is hardware.

I have been working on a project for the last four years and need to roll out a first stage web site with GPL. Any help from DSP guru's who know the arena of SMPS / PFC who work with microcontollers who support a ZigBee stack please get in touch so that I cab expand on the topic.

Many Thanks

Stuart

Ok more than I really maybe should say

Not following? Are you building a power supply with Zigbee? What will it power?

As I say the whole concept is about energy saving hardware so basically anything. If there are hobyists out there who want to copy design to the level of schematic then I believe thier is a open source calaboration begging to begin.

ZigBee is a communication system and would not power anything apart from communication. I really could do with some help in the department of SMPS espcially with digital PFC algorythms to provide even low harmonic reactive load compensation.

I know I am fishing but there are plenty of ponds.

Stuart

I know what an SMS power supply is and they come in all shapes and sizes. They are cheap, plentiful and UL approved so I can't imagine wanting to build one. You can buy ATX PFC power supplies cheaper and safer than one you built.

Getting people to switch their old wall vampires for something green is the tricky part.

As for XBee I've used them and have a few modules. Simply put they're wireless modems and are very handy for home automation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back