Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DSP Booting problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarav.thegreat

Hi folks,

Good morning to everyone.

Problem :

DSP Booting problem at below <20ºC .

Component details :

Processor : TMS320C6727B – TI Make

Flash : S29GL256P – Spansion Make

Booting method : Parellel flash

Reset IC : TLC7701IDRG4 for 1.2V & TLC7733 for 3.3V – TI make.

Details of the problem:

The processor is booting normally at room temperature and it is not happening when the temperature is goes below 20ºC .This problem is happening in many of the board's,But in few of the boards this problem is not happened even when the temperature is goes below 20ºC .There is "NO" changes in the layout and power on reset circuits between these boards(Booting and Not booting).

The delay between 3.3V and /RST pin is 750mS.

The top marking information is same for both the boards

(TMS320C6727BZDHC12 – 93A2KQWG1)

It will be very useful if you give your view or suggestion to resolve this particular problem.

Regards,
Saravanan.K

I have had similar problems in the past, not with a Texas DSP, but other micro stuff, the TMS chip should work from 0 - 90 ºC, the issue I had was with capacitors going out of range, this happened opposite to me, it happened when the room got warmer. Might be worth looking at though?

Wilksey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back