Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Drum solos by me and my new Roland TD10

Status
Not open for further replies.

moody07747

i find this jazz thing of yours pretty neat.
havent heared the others so wont say anything at them.

Hey, sounds good. Have you been playing drums before you built your kit? Those Roland units are sweet :D

I have the cheapest e-drum set in the world :lol:

**broken link removed**

Paid £200, bought in November. Its not too bad, though its now false triggering, seems to be a build up of static that causes it. Might as well post a little demo of it. This is a kit I set up on it myself, I nearly always use it, the factory one was really nasty. I added some cheesy basslines to the rhythms to make it more interesting :lol:

Click here to listen!

(good find with that tin deck audio hosting, I will add my minimoog filter demo there and synth :D)

I had played a Yamaha DD55 for about 4 years before building this kit

I love the kit and all but the prices are just bead spinning.....to put it in perspective...

i allready put about $1600 into my kit....thats allot...but not as much as the $5,000 for a Roland TD20 kit

Yeah, some of those kits can be very expensive. Some things can be made a lot cheaper by yourself than buying a ready made unit. I couldn't do a project like this, mostly because I can't weld or anything like that, but some electronic things I make myself a lot cheaper. I like how your kit uses real cymbals as triggers, that must give it a good feel.

I don't get backings or anything on mine, I find the number of sounds available a bit limited too (lots of variations on each it would seem). I fixed that link in my previous post, didn't like the &

Dr.EM said:
Hey, sounds good. Have you been playing drums before you built your kit? Those Roland units are sweet :D

I have the cheapest e-drum set in the world :lol:

**broken link removed**

Paid £200, bought in November. Its not too bad, though its now false triggering, seems to be a build up of static that causes it. Might as well post a little demo of it. This is a kit I set up on it myself, I nearly always use it, the factory one was really nasty. I added some cheesy basslines to the rhythms to make it more interesting :lol:

Click here to listen!

(good find with that tin deck audio hosting, I will add my minimoog filter demo there and synth :D)

the sounds from that module are fairly good for what it is...

you can easily make drums and all kits like this without welding...many others have done it....take Jman for instance at vdrums.com he comes out with a kit a month and his latest is a gig kit for 5 drummers...it features the TD20 roland module...nearly $2,000!!!

jmans kit uses 2 of them
i have no idea where he gets the money but hes great at making his kits...look at his home page at all his posts

V Drum Clips

Hi:

I have been drumming since age 11, although I have had a 25 year break, & now I am back at it, at least as a hobby.

In doing a demo disk for one of the bands I play with, I rented a set of Roland V drums to do the demo.

In addition I took an evening to experiment with the electronic sounds by myself. These are short 30 - 45 seconds clips that I did with sounds that I liked from the kit.

Take a listen, and let me know what you think.
**broken link removed**

Moody - I would appreciate to know how you built your electronic kit and what components you used, as I am interested in doing the same.

All for now.

Richard

LMAO! As I'm reading this thread, the television next to me is airing the Canadian produced show How it's Made. And what are they showing, but how Grover drums are made!! Below is a photo of my drum set.... it was cheap to build and given my drumming talent, it's perfect for me!:confused: :D
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back