Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dropping voltage at output of opamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minh Thanh

I have problem at output of the first opamp . About 3 -4 minutes , the opamp's output voltage decreases by 0.1V . Although I reduced gain of opamp to 2, but the opamp 's output was still reducing 0.1V about 3 -4 minutes . Could you me about this ? Thank You !

Attachments

• pH 3.PNG
    pH 3.PNG
    17.9 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
Decreases by 0.1V or does it decrease to 0.1V? If it decreases by 0.1V, are you sure it's not just the op-amp warming up?

So what is the voltage at pins 1,2,3? (at start up) and (after 4 minutes) ?
Is C1 an Ele. Cap. ?
upload_2017-10-5_20-30-26.png

It almost sounds like there's no DC path to ground at all terminals of your op-amp to allow bias currents to flow so the capacitances are just charging up slowly and killing the signal...except I don't see that in your circuit anywhere.

But Ron does have a point about your capacitor being backwards in the circuit if you are using a polarized capacitor (electrolytic or tantalum).

If you are testing it with no signal source connected, try connecting a resistor between pin 3 and ground and see if the problem goes away.

Use a film capacitor for C1. An electrolytic capacitor will have current leakage and will not discharge completely when it should discharge.

Recently, my circuit is stability . However, I have question is I could use C1 as Ele Cap or I should use C1 as non polarized cap ?
You can find out if the voltage is positive all the time, negative all the time, or goes + and -. Measure across the cap. not to ground. Some types of caps can only handle DC and some can work with AC.
AND
What AudioGuru said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back