Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Driving Under Influence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frosty_47

As crazy as this may sound, I drive better under influence... In Cuba that is, if it wasn't for me drinking at least 5-6 beers every time I drove in Cuba, I would not be typing this message right now. I do realize that most people cannot handle a vehicle under influence, however my experiences were very different. Since I do not posses a driving license and hence I do not drive in Canada, my experiences are limited to driving in Cuba (they really don't care when they rent you those damn scooters)

1) I was driving on single-lane road when a vehicle coming from opposite traffic decided to pass someone pulling in front of me. I maneuvered my scooter between the two cars avoiding collision. If I was sober I would have hit the brakes and collided with the oncoming yank-tank possibly killing me...

2) I was pulling out of a gas station, when all of a sudden a buss was moving towards me, I could not move to the side because there was a parked truck so I squeezed between the BUS and the parked truck on a two lane road (impossible in terms of physics but I made it non the less)

3) I was passing a slow car on a two lane road when all of a sudden another car appeared out of the sharp turn. If I was sober and were to hit the brakes, the truck behind me would have leveled me with the road. I remained calm and passed between the two cars as if there was a third lane.

Perhaps it is a good thing that I do not drive in Canada, though I must say that my driving experience under influence has saved my life because my sober behavior on the road is much different, it prohibits me from taking any risks. Taking such risks as a result of alcohol have saved my life to date.

Last edited:
Perhaps it is a good thing that I do not drive in Canada, though I must say that my driving experience under influence has saved my life because my sober behavior on the road is much different, it prohibits me from taking any risks. Taking such risks as a result of alcohol have saved my life to date.

And will probably take someone else life in a future date. You are deluding yourself.

Try driving on the expressway here in Adelaide what you describe above is a daily occurance on my trip to and from work. If the cops decide to put a heap of speed camera's out there is a huge political backlash and the speed camera's are gone. Anyway anyone that drives under the influence deserves what they get when the cops do get you. Too many innocent people are killed by drunk drivers so my belief is to drive while drunk is paramount to murder if you kill someone.

Well said Mike. From what I remember (from early posts) Frosty is fairly young and still thinks he's bullet proof. I've lost a friend to some butthole who was DUI and the moron walked away without a scratch. It still boggles my mind that this continually happens, I'm all for cameras and checkpoints if it keeps the general population safe. </rant>

As crazy as this may sound, I drive better under influence... In Cuba that is, if it wasn't for me drinking at least 5-6 beers every time I drove in Cuba, I would not be typing this message right now. I do realize that most people cannot handle a vehicle under influence, however my experiences were very different. Since I do not posses a driving license and hence I do not drive in Canada, my experiences are limited to driving in Cuba (they really don't care when they rent you those damn scooters)

1) I was driving on single-lane road when a vehicle coming from opposite traffic decided to pass someone pulling in front of me. I maneuvered my scooter between the two cars avoiding collision. If I was sober I would have hit the brakes and collided with the oncoming yank-tank possibly killing me...

2) I was pulling out of a gas station, when all of a sudden a buss was moving towards me, I could not move to the side because there was a parked truck so I squeezed between the BUS and the parked truck on a two lane road (impossible in terms of physics but I made it non the less)

3) I was passing a slow car on a two lane road when all of a sudden another car appeared out of the sharp turn. If I was sober and were to hit the brakes, the truck behind me would have leveled me with the road. I remained calm and passed between the two cars as if there was a third lane.

Sounds like you are driving a scooter only and not a car when pissed. Driving of any sort when drunk is always a bad idea. You eventually either wipe yourself out totally (on a scooter) or plenty others (and yourself possibly) if driving a car.

Whichever way you look at it, it will inevitably sometime end in tears.

Not a good idea.

Cheers and think.

Last edited:
Just another dose of chlorine in the gene pool!

JimB

On second thoughts, if Frosty was not out of his skull on booze, he might be a better driver who could anticipate the problems, and avoid these scrapes altogether.

Experience is directly proportional to the product of length of stay in hospital and the value of the vehicle ruined.

Last edited:
Thanks for your comments. My anticipation was never to defend DUI. Instead I wanted to share my experiences with it. Most DUI related accidents are caused by people with poor judgment (Drinking and Driving is one of them). However drinking a few beers does not impair my judgment. I have done Calculus homework after 9 beers. Alcohol affects every one differently, some smaller people will be impaired after a couple of beers. Since there is no adequate personal testing provided by ministry of transportation to determine the person's "safe alcohol limits" DUI should be avoided all together. The government of Ontario recently passed a new law, under which drivers under age of 21 must have zero alcohol level, while drivers 22 and over are permitted 0.05mg. This is non-sense on their part that rates people based on their age and not experience or alcohol limit capability.

Last edited:
Just another dose of chlorine in the gene pool!

You must mean Mercury, as that stuff is still used in vaccines

Thanks for your comments. My anticipation was never to defend DUI. Instead I wanted to share my experiences with it. Most DUI related accidents are caused by people with poor judgment (Drinking and Driving is one of them). However drinking a few beers does not impair my judgment.

You only think so! - because your judgement IS impaired - this is what alcohol does.

Your reactions slow down considrably, this has been proved in University studies MANY times.

Not to exactly side with frosty but I did work with a guy at a local sign company for a while who definitely proved to me that some people are in general better persons when they are slightly inebriated or high. :(

Cold sober he was a unmotivated dick and and overall jerk to be around. But put a few beers in him and a joint or two and he was a decent guy with a good work ethic until it wore off again. :mad:

Although he spent most of his days slightly intoxicated and/or high I still hated working with him any way.

Not to exactly side with frosty but I did work with a guy at a local sign company for a while who definitely proved to me that some people are in general better persons when they are slightly inebriated or high. :(

Cold sober he was a unmotivated dick and and overall jerk to be around. But put a few beers in him and a joint or two and he was a decent guy with a good work ethic until it wore off again. :mad:

He might be a better guy (we all might be :D ), but he would be an unsafe driver.

Cold sober he was a unmotivated dick and and overall jerk to be around. But put a few beers in him and a joint or two and he was a decent guy with a good work ethic until it wore off again.

I once knew a guy like that - you put in another few beers, and he would beat on his wife and kids. I think that in-between the two extremes, he was just drunk enough so that his judgement at being "a(n) unmotivated dick and and overall jerk" just went out the window and he was "nice" (not so nice that I would ever call him a "friend" - so far, for his ex-wife and kids' sake, I am glad he has dropped off the face of the planet).

He might be a better guy (we all might be :D ), but he would be an unsafe driver.

Well the sign company manger and owner seem to think otherwise. I got fired for driving the company truck without a commercial drivers license because he was so stoned one day while we where out working that he slammed me into a live 15 Kv neon sign ,the boom controls where on the truck and I was in the basket 70 feet up, then shortly after that fell he off the back of the truck and couldn't get up.

He was passed out for most of the four and a half hour trip home but apparently that was not a good enough reason to not let him drive a 25 ton truck 280 miles across the state.

It sounds to me that the OP was making bad decisions at least on 2 and 3.

2 - A BUS comes out of no where? A f***ing BUS??? You were drinking and didn't notice the bus. If you weren't buzzed/drunk then maybe you would have paid attention to your surroundings and seen the bus before you pulled out in front of it.

3 - Plain and simple, you were passing a car before a blind turn. That is stupidity right there.

1 - Sun shines on a dog's ass every now and again, doesn't it?

Last edited:
It sounds to me that the OP was making bad decisions at least on 2 and 3.

2 - A BUS comes out of no where? A f***ing BUS??? You were drinking and didn't notice the bus. If you weren't buzzed/drunk then maybe you would have paid attention to your surroundings and seen the bus before you pulled out in front of it.

3 - Plain and simple, you were passing a car before a blind turn. That is stupidity right there.

1 - Sun shines on a dog's ass every now and again, doesn't it?

There was a blind turn that the bus has pulled from, being on a two lane road with a truck parked parallel to the oncoming bus, there was no were to go. You weren't there so u have no idea how it happened.

**broken link removed**

And no I was not dead drunk, as I mentioned in my first post, I do not get impaired after 5-6 beers. My reaction on the road remained appropriate, if it weren't I wouldn't be typing this message right now.

Last edited:
5-6 beers is ok in my country ^_^
I can drive even after I drink 10 beers

Lol just don't tell anyone where u live or there might be police showing up at ur door soon :)

From your diagram I get the distinct impression you where on the wrong side of the road and the bus from out of nowhere came from exactly where most people would expect a vehicle to likely come from whenever a truck is sitting stationary at a four way intersection waiting for something.
But since you did not wait for the truck to get out of the way like a normal person does the bus nearly ran you over because you where on the wrong side of the road where it in fact had the right of way to begin with.

I do not get impaired after 5-6 beers. My reaction on the road remained appropriate, if it weren't I wouldn't be typing this message right now.

The people that cause accidents are the people that believe they are ok to drive. Being alive doesn't mean you were in the right. Some people speed and don't get caught, doesn't make it ok. Some people pirate movies and music and don't get caught, doesn't make it ok. I brushed my pubic hair with my sister's comb when I was younger and didn't get caught, doesn't make it ok. Some people have extramarital affairs and don't get caught, doesn't make it ok. Some people drink and drive and don't die, kill others, or get arrested, but that doesn't make it ok!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back