Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Driving mosfet with opamp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. So it wasn't so much that the power supply was getting loaded down but your wires were just really high resistance? How small are these wires?
Jip, terrible resistance. They have a outer diameter slightly over 3 mm (I will open them up to see how much of it is actually copper), so also not the best leads to use and this particular set seems to be pretty bad.

Jip, terrible resistance. They have a outer diameter slightly over 3 mm (I will open them up to see how much of it is actually copper), so also not the best leads to use and this particular set seems to be pretty bad.
Yeah, I re-read and noticed you mentioned faulty leads rather than overly long or small wires so that post of mine no longer exists. Unless it's 40AWG wire inside, which it won't be, it's just a faulty solder or crimp, or rust.

Glad you got to the bottom of it! It does happen to all of us... After all, if you knew where to look for the cause of a problem, it would hardly be a problem at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back