Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Driving 1W LEDs - help with circuit please

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveclv

I have a PIC (PIC16F688) based controller circuit that drives an LED flasher. The PIC can only handle about 9mA per LED and that is fine for typical LEDs - however for my intended application (the machine guns in the wings of a Radio Controlled Spitfire) I want to use some high power 1W LEDs (3V, 100mA drive)

Now I am clueless when it comes to designing circuits although I do understand how circuits work when drawn out and so I'm hoping someone can give me the basics of what I need to be able to use the PIC output to drive a transistor to switch the voltage needed for the high power LED

I'm assuming that I need some resistors and some PNP transistors but how do I calculate the values? I'll build the circuit on a bit of breadboard and there are 8 LEDs involved, each driven from a separate output line of the PIC

Can anyone help please?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back