Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Drawing

Status
Not open for further replies.

HudzonHawk

I had an idea to build a robot the other day, so I tried to draw a design to illustrate how its going to look as well as where all the sensors/motors/etc will be located.

Well, the end result ended up looking as if it was something scribbled by a four year old. I have a hunch that if I leave it and come back to it a few days later then I will have a hard time understanding just what the hell was I trying to draw to begin with.

I never knew that I'll need to take drawing lessons just to be good with electronics.

Anyone else ever experience a similar problem?

hi,
Do you use a PC drawing program, if not, there are a number of freedownloads
on the web.

Gayan comes up with some really fancy diagrams, Im not sure what package he uses.

Trouble is most engineers think in dimensional terms, if it can be measured, it can be drawn. Freehand drawing has never been one of my attributes.

I have often wondered why they call pcb track layouts as 'artwork'

Check out BlueroomElectronic posts in the micro controllers forum. He has some really nice computer drawing of robots. I think he uses Sketchup or somthing like that.

Sketchup is great. I use it for all my homework. In my Spanish class, we had to design our "dream" home... let's just say i got 100% on it.... :D Not to brag or anything, but the video functions on it are great (although a 1 minute 30 second video took my computer 45 minutes to render... 640x480 @ 30+fps)

My friend uses 3D studio max. Very nice :) but I don't know to use any of these drawing tools, even photoshop.
I know Microsoft Paint :D

If you download sketchup it's got a tutorial built in and is very easy to use.

Mike.

You can start using AUTOCAD. You can learn that alone.Measurement wise its superb also some 3D angles and some walkthroughs included.

I have seen some people using AUTO CAD for their schematic diagrams too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back