Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Draw circuit in Multisim, simulate in LTSpice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arunnatarajan

Mod note: This thread was split off of the following: https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/national-instruments-multisim-or-something-else.128269/

Hi,

I only use Multisim for drawing circuits, export as an image and put in a PDF. Their circuits look nicer than LTSpice circuits. For the simulation, I use LTSpice. It has been very good to me so far.

So to sum it up:

To draw circuits that look nice, I use Multisim.
For the actual simulation, I use LTSpice.

Hi,

Any idea whether we can draw circuits in multisim and export the same to LTspice for simulation?

Thanks,
Arun

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would you want to do such a thing? I suggest you etither stay with multisim or ltspice, unless you really have to. I doubt their syntax is compatible so it would mean a lot of effort to transfer one netlist into another.

Hello arunnatarajan , welcome to ETO!

The thread you originally responded to is over 3 1/2 years old, and furthermore you hijacked someone else's thread. Neither of these actions (resurrecting very old threads and taking over someone else's topic) are allowed here, so I gave you a thread of your very own :)

Please continue your discussion here, rather than at the old thread.

Thanks!
Matt

Usually, when I simulate a critical circuit, the LTSpice simulation has added capacitors to account for parasitic and wiring capacitance, added resistors to account for wire resistance, and added inductors to account for wire self-inductance that you don't want in the "final", presentation quality schematic. Unfortunately, I have always had to create two schematics; one to simulate; another for documentation. That is why expensive, integrated tools like Cadence are not worth the money...

Any idea whether we can draw circuits in multisim and export the same to LTspice for simulation?
You could perhaps transfer the netlist but not the schematic diagram.
Why would you want to?
Either use the Multisim Workbench simulator or draw the circuits in LTspice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back