Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Doubt in notation

Status
Not open for further replies.

neo_star

why the supply voltage for a transistor is given Vcc and not Vc ?
i know that the question is a kind of akward but please help.

Then what would you call the collector voltage? Vcc is used as the supply name which is connected to the other end of the load resistor, i.e., one end of the load resistor is connected to Vcc while the other end is connected to Vc. Supply nodes are usually named Vcc, Vdd, Vee, Vss, etc.

Last edited:
I don't understand what you're explaining MikeMi. Where is Vc?

I don't understand what you're explaining MikeMi. Where is Vc?
Vc is usually used to refer to the voltage at the Collector with respect to "ground"; while Vce is usually used to refer to the voltage difference between the Collector and the Emitter.

Last edited:
Vc is usually used to refer to the voltage at the Collector with respect to "ground"; while Vce is usually used to refer to the voltage difference between the Collector and the Emitter.

There where is Vcc?

Vcc is just another name for Vc.

Ok, that's what I thought and what the OPs original question was I think. He was wondering why it's called Vcc and not just Vc. As in why two c's?

And if he wasn't asking that, I am. :)

Last edited:
No, Vcc is the supply name, and Vc is the Collector voltage. There is usually a resistor between these nodes in most CE transistor circuits, so they are not the same node or the same voltage.

from what I recall, the double letter notation is meant for commonality and to distinguish that rail from an individual collector (or emitter or drain or source) voltage. So one or more collectors can be tied to Vcc while Vc refers to a single collector voltage.

my question wat why there was 2 c instead of one c
thanks for the answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back