Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Double-Check My Schematic & PCB Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I printed the top and bottom onto transparency sheets (used for overheads), lined them up and taped them so they were perfect, then slid the piece of board inbetween the transparencies and exposed for 90 seconds.

So I definately forgot to drill a few via's.

Note to self: next time, MUCH LARGER VIAs! Sheesh, theres barely any ring to solder to! Ahwell, lesson learned.
For easier soldering next time, you might also consider keeping the vias accessible. You would bring their top side traces past the IC pin and finish them out in the open.

Wow, what a project this was. It must have taken me 3-4h to solder this together, and it should have taken minutes. Cliff notes:
- make pads around components bigger
- make vias bigger
- align drill better - I found that the ring was cut a couple of times because the drill bit wasnt centered

Anywho, on to the mandatory pictures. I know the bottom looks like crap - hopefully the next revision will be sent away and made, so it will have a proper solder mask, and whatever you call the metal inside the hole that connects top and bottom vias

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Nice work! Congrats! :)

Hey, just looking back ot your board design, you could have re-routed a few traces and got away with maybe 2 short wire jumpers, no double sided needed. That would have been a HEAP less work in construction.

For instance those 3 red wires (top right) you could have run around to the right side of the connector, and used one jumper to jump them.

The long red wire in the middle you could have run around the bottom of the pcb to the ISP connector no jumper needed and the bottom red wire you could have run through the LCD connector no jumpers needed.

Just a thought. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back