Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DosOnChip

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomSoft

Anyone know where to find a QFP version?

They claim to have a "32-pin QFP" but i never in my time seen it at any store online. Which leaves me to think wtf why not lol

They would sell more if it was out in QFP.

If there is no QFP version available.... does anyone know a similar chip?

I got the MDD-FS o compile but no DIR or SEARCH functions:
Code:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Debug build of project `C:\Microchip Solutions\MDD File System-SD Card\MDDFS-SD-PIC18.mcp' started.
Language tool versions: mpasmwin.exe v5.31, mplink.exe v4.31, mcc18.exe v3.31
Preprocessor symbol `__DEBUG' is defined.
Thu Jun 11 00:39:27 2009
Clean: Deleting intermediary and output files.
Clean: Deleted file "C:\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\MDD File System\Object - MDD File System-SD-PIC18\FSIO.o".
Clean: Deleted file "C:\Microchip Solutions\MDD File System-SD Card\Pic18f\Object - MDD File System-SD-PIC18\Demonstration.o".
Clean: Deleted file "C:\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\MDD File System\Object - MDD File System-SD-PIC18\SD-SPI.o".
Clean: Deleted file "C:\Microchip Solutions\Microchip\PIC18 salloc\Object - MDD File System-SD-PIC18\salloc.o".
Clean: Deleted file "C:\Microchip Solutions\MDD File System-SD Card\MDDFS-SD-PIC18.cof".
Clean: Deleted file "C:\Microchip Solutions\MDD File System-SD Card\MDDFS-SD-PIC18.hex".
Clean: Done.
Executing: "C:\MCC18\bin\mcc18.exe" -p=18F4620 /i"..\Microchip\Include\PIC18 salloc" -I"..\Include\PIC18 salloc" -I"." -I".\PIC18F" -I"..\Include" -I"..\Include\MDD File System" -I"..\Microchip\Include" -I"..\..\Microchip\Include" -I"..\Microchip\Include\MDD File System" -I"..\..\Microchip\Include\MDD File System" -I"..\..\MDD File System-SD Card" -I"..\..\MDD File System-SD Card\PIC18F" "FSIO.c" -fo=".\Object - MDD File System-SD-PIC18\FSIO.o" -D__DEBUG -mL -Ls -Ou- -Ot- -Ob- -Op- -Or- -Od- -Opa-
Executing: "C:\MCC18\bin\mcc18.exe" -p=18F4620 /i"..\Microchip\Include\PIC18 salloc" -I"..\Include\PIC18 salloc" -I"." -I".\PIC18F" -I"..\Include" -I"..\Include\MDD File System" -I"..\Microchip\Include" -I"..\..\Microchip\Include" -I"..\Microchip\Include\MDD File System" -I"..\..\Microchip\Include\MDD File System" -I"..\..\MDD File System-SD Card" -I"..\..\MDD File System-SD Card\PIC18F" "Demonstration.c" -fo=".\Object - MDD File System-SD-PIC18\Demonstration.o" -D__DEBUG -mL -Ls -Ou- -Ot- -Ob- -Op- -Or- -Od- -Opa-
Executing: "C:\MCC18\bin\mcc18.exe" -p=18F4620 /i"..\Microchip\Include\PIC18 salloc" -I"..\Include\PIC18 salloc" -I"." -I".\PIC18F" -I"..\Include" -I"..\Include\MDD File System" -I"..\Microchip\Include" -I"..\..\Microchip\Include" -I"..\Microchip\Include\MDD File System" -I"..\..\Microchip\Include\MDD File System" -I"..\..\MDD File System-SD Card" -I"..\..\MDD File System-SD Card\PIC18F" "SD-SPI.c" -fo=".\Object - MDD File System-SD-PIC18\SD-SPI.o" -D__DEBUG -mL -Ls -Ou- -Ot- -Ob- -Op- -Or- -Od- -Opa-
Executing: "C:\MCC18\bin\mcc18.exe" -p=18F4620 /i"..\Microchip\Include\PIC18 salloc" -I"..\Include\PIC18 salloc" -I"." -I".\PIC18F" -I"..\Include" -I"..\Include\MDD File System" -I"..\Microchip\Include" -I"..\..\Microchip\Include" -I"..\Microchip\Include\MDD File System" -I"..\..\Microchip\Include\MDD File System" -I"..\..\MDD File System-SD Card" -I"..\..\MDD File System-SD Card\PIC18F" "salloc.c" -fo=".\Object - MDD File System-SD-PIC18\salloc.o" -D__DEBUG -mL -Ls -Ou- -Ot- -Ob- -Op- -Or- -Od- -Opa-
Executing: "C:\MCC18\bin\mplink.exe" /l"C:\MCC18\lib" "Pic18f\18f4620b.lkr" "..\Microchip\MDD File System\Object - MDD File System-SD-PIC18\FSIO.o" "Pic18f\Object - MDD File System-SD-PIC18\Demonstration.o" "..\Microchip\MDD File System\Object - MDD File System-SD-PIC18\SD-SPI.o" "..\Microchip\PIC18 salloc\Object - MDD File System-SD-PIC18\salloc.o" /u_CRUNTIME /u_DEBUG /z__MPLAB_BUILD=1 /z__MPLAB_DEBUG=1 /o"MDDFS-SD-PIC18.cof" /M"MDDFS-SD-PIC18.map" /W
MPLINK 4.31, Linker
Copyright (c) 2009 Microchip Technology Inc.
Errors    : 0

MP2HEX 4.31, COFF to HEX File Converter
Copyright (c) 2009 Microchip Technology Inc.
Errors    : 0

Loaded C:\Microchip Solutions\MDD File System-SD Card\MDDFS-SD-PIC18.cof.
Debug build of project `C:\Microchip Solutions\MDD File System-SD Card\MDDFS-SD-PIC18.mcp' succeeded.
Language tool versions: mpasmwin.exe v5.31, mplink.exe v4.31, mcc18.exe v3.31
Preprocessor symbol `__DEBUG' is defined.
Thu Jun 11 00:39:30 2009
BUILD SUCCEEDED

FreeDOS is made of mostly C with some assembler thrown in.

It's totally non-portable and works only on x86 architecture so you can forget using it on a microcontroller.

ok cool no problem. I got a nice idea on using this MicroChip MDD-FS i got it working on a 18F so now ima buy a

dsPIC33FJ128GP202 ($5) cheap! lots of memory and ram and stuff. 2 SPI. Maybe i can create my own DosOnChip with it easy! If i do ill be sure to make it OpenSource!

EDIT(Sorry, mixed up my QFP's and QFN's) I bought it and regret it. I was hoping it would be an easy deal, but it's proprietary nature, the new command structure that they offer, the cost of the chips and the slow speed of the card read/writes makes it not worth the money.

I should sell off the breakout board that I made.

You're doing the right thing making your own solution. I have no suggestions other than what we've already discussed a while ago. The FatFS filesystem is still working for me.

Attachments

• 20090209-dosonchip-010.jpg
    20090209-dosonchip-010.jpg
    399 KB · Views: 339
Last edited:
If you can get the C18 one working, there's no need to try others really, but so far I've ported the FatFS library over to three micocontrollers, so it's helpful that I have a standard library.

heh any tips on the fatFS?

Sorry, I just saw this.

Unfortunately the sample code is far more complex than it needs to be. Get rid of all the RTC code and just set the date and time to defined values. The other complex thing is the interrupt delay code they want you to use to timeout errored commands. I just replaced it with 'for' loops to try the command a set number of times.

For the library itself you should just have to modify one file. diskio.c ( the sample projects renamed diskio.c to something else. I don't know why) which contains all the hardware specific functions.

I can give you the files I used for testing with my 8bit uC. I haven't used that code since the original test, though. I'll have to see what it looks like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back