Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Does this Programmer support to AT89C51

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just from a quick look at that MCU data sheet, it appears to need a parallel programmer - it uses 12 address lines, 8 data an a few control signals. No serial programming that I can see.

A TL866 series programmer should be suitable - my TL866 II has the 89C51 listed.

So far I haven't found an 8 bit chip it doesn't program..
A word of caution with those programmers in general, if you ever get involved with older ICs / MCUs:

I don't know about MCUs, as I've never used it for that - but as a fact the hardware does not work with all devices listed and selectable in the software.

The internal VPP generator only goes up to somewhere around 15 - 18V so any devices needing higher voltage do not program properly, or at all - but they are still selectable for programming.

eg. The ones I had a problem with were old EPROMs for a vintage board that need 21V and 25V VPP, but I believe some MCUs from the same era likely needed the same higher voltages.

I had to dig out my old ALL-11 and set up Win XP on a VM to run it, to program those ICs.

I would use somink like this..

1664959709603.png

I had one of those back in the 90s and a UV eraser - used it mainly for UVEPROMS (UVPROMS?) and GALs. No idea where it went.

Mike.
Your wife probably moved it! :D

Mine drives me mad - you ask "where have you put the ???? I left on the corner of the kitchen shelf?", she always replies "I haven't seen it or moved it". There's only two of us in the house, so I know damn well she's moved it - when (if?) it's eventually found she'll say "oh, that - I tidied it" :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back