Does this Programmer support to AT89C51

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just from a quick look at that MCU data sheet, it appears to need a parallel programmer - it uses 12 address lines, 8 data an a few control signals. No serial programming that I can see.

A TL866 series programmer should be suitable - my TL866 II has the 89C51 listed.

So far I haven't found an 8 bit chip it doesn't program..
A word of caution with those programmers in general, if you ever get involved with older ICs / MCUs:

I don't know about MCUs, as I've never used it for that - but as a fact the hardware does not work with all devices listed and selectable in the software.

The internal VPP generator only goes up to somewhere around 15 - 18V so any devices needing higher voltage do not program properly, or at all - but they are still selectable for programming.

eg. The ones I had a problem with were old EPROMs for a vintage board that need 21V and 25V VPP, but I believe some MCUs from the same era likely needed the same higher voltages.

I had to dig out my old ALL-11 and set up Win XP on a VM to run it, to program those ICs.

I had one of those back in the 90s and a UV eraser - used it mainly for UVEPROMS (UVPROMS?) and GALs. No idea where it went.

Mike.
Your wife probably moved it!

Mine drives me mad - you ask "where have you put the ???? I left on the corner of the kitchen shelf?", she always replies "I haven't seen it or moved it". There's only two of us in the house, so I know damn well she's moved it - when (if?) it's eventually found she'll say "oh, that - I tidied it"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…