Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Does this look new to you? Uxcell CBB65 15uF Metallized Polypropylene Film Capacitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teufelwolf

I bought this cap from Uxcell on Amazon advertised as new. But the casing seems to have a lot of dents and abrasion, a deep scratch on the bottom, and not pictured, a 10mm by 3mm by 0.05mm dent near the lip. Amazon policies are pretty strict in that NEW has to be just as one would get it from the manufacturer (SENJU) otherwise it has to be sold as lesser condition, and Amazon often doesn't allow the sale of used industrial items.
P6180486.JPG
P6180487.JPG

New old stock or even just plain new can have dents. Do the connections show evidence of having even been connected? If not, ask the seller to take a return as a matter of customer satisfaction. If it won't do that, then accept your loses.

Asking Amazon to decide wither a few dents means the item is used is probably a losing proposition. The standard at Amazon is "materially different" than advertised. The seller can easily show that the connections do not seem to have been used. It can also charge you a re-stocking fee and have you pay the return shipping.

Thanx.
Yeah I looked at the connectors under a jeweler loup and there are dents in the insulators where the plugs would have stopped.
I already plan to dispute it with Amazon for other issues, was just wondering if I should add "not new" to my list of issues.
The main issue is that what they sent is not the same brand, weight or part number they advertised, just similar specs printed on the can, so my confidence is low.
I know Amazon will give me a refund, they are strict about not allowing substitutions on products that are shipped out of the Amazon warehouses.

Brand is a material difference! If it was sold as being a particular brand -- not just a picture, but so stated in words. You might even win based on the picture with the listing, but that is a little less strong argument as the seller will counter with a claim that it is "just representative." If the specifications are different, I would mention them too.

I would not mention the "not new" thing. Besides not being necessary, that claim may make the seller less inclined to cooperate

I recently won a dispute based on the seller listing the item as Brand A and he shipped Brand B. Seller ended up paying shipping both ways too. Be sure to copy the seller's listing. I used snippets. It was also a $100 item and the two brands while looking alike differed in price. My item was shipped by the seller.

John

I also sell on Amazon, and know the ends and outs of their A2Z policies from the sharp end. Already contacted Amazon, and they pulled down the seller's offer while they investigate.
The grading of electronic parts I am not an expert on, so figured I would check if my idea of "new" is the same industry norms "new", obviously from what you wrote earlier industry norms for "new" are more fuzzy then say for consumer goods, which turn "used" once they have been sold to the end user.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back