Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Does this look like a good soldering station?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunsmoker

Here's a link to a Pace soldering station on eBay:

**broken link removed**

How hard would it be to find tips, etc for this one? I want to replace my conventional soldering iron with a soldering station but I'm not sure what brands are the best. Thanks ahead of time.

With $18 shipping cost and you don't get a soldering iron, this is not a good deal.
I did a search for a Weller soldering station & found this one that looks good: **broken link removed**

Bid high, I goes for $144 new.

Last edited:
I bought the Part #229673 soldering station from Jameco at Christmas time and could not be more pleased. However, I notice in the newest catalog www.jameco.com it has gone up to $59.95. Shipping was only another 7 dollars, I think.

The unit you first described has no iron.... the second unit has no control.

Dollar for dollar, I would recommend the Jameco item.

Weller temperature control...........

AllVol said:
I bought the Part #229673 soldering station from Jameco at Christmas time and could not be more pleased. However, I notice in the newest catalog www.jameco.com it has gone up to $59.95. Shipping was only another 7 dollars, I think.

The unit you first described has no iron.... the second unit has no control.

Dollar for dollar, I would recommend the Jameco item.

".... the second unit has no control."

This type of Weller has the control in the tip and handle, you have to have a different tip for each temperature. An elegant solution in my opinion, because when you change temperature you are more than likely to change shape of the tip.
The 700°F tip I use for most of my soldering heats to operating temperature in about 30 sec.!
The model has changed little in the 40 years I have used them, not much to go wrong. The only failure I recalled having was that of the macro switch contacts that I fixed by sanding with a fine emery cloth.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back