Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Does PIC16PRO40 work well with USB to parallel converter. Software=Nigels WinPicProg

Status
Not open for further replies.
pkshima said:
wow this guy has a usb version too. but uses all smd components which solves the biggest problem of pcb fabrication for me (drilling) but adds new problems too like if i can mix normal components with smd ones etc.

I also looked at blueroomelectronics unicorn. but I beleive it has to be used as an attachment to the inchworm+ which means 2 circuits lying around.

So here is what I think I should do. I will build the inchworm+ on a breadboard and use it with a usb-->serial cable. breadboard will save me the hasle of pcb fabrication and will also be cheaper (less than USD $2) so i wont mind using it as a pcb.

When someone shares a simple and straightforward design for USB based programer, i will either buy it or build it on a real pcb.
Yes the Unicorn is an upgrade to the Inchworm+ Aside from two PCBs it's about the same amount of parts as any 16F877 + 18F4550 clone.

They're are lots of parts in a real ICD2, it doesn't get much simpler than the Inchworm.
PS all the clones have a USB LED? it doesn't exist on the real thing, strange...
**broken link removed**

thanks ! any reply to this Bill ?

pkshima said:
Bill, I see that for the inchworm+ in the parts list, there are carbon resistors as well as metal film resistors. I am a software guy so no idea what difference it makes. Can I just use carbon resistors everywhere ?

Okie Dokie .... I got almost all the parts for building the inchworm+ but couldnt locate the BS250.

Is there an alternate I can use.
The instructions say that its optional but I have no clue how to bypass it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back