Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

does at89s51 come with a build in bootloader?

Status
Not open for further replies.

redsuns

i want to use at89s1 with max232 for serial programming
i'm not sure does this microcontroller come with the bootloader program
so for my question is,
do i need a isp programmer to download a bootloader program to a fresh at89s51,so i can use max232 for future programming, or this uC come with a build in bootloader program(meaning i can straight use max232 and program it using rs232 protocal without buying a atmel programmer)

Here is one you can build easily:
**broken link removed**

let me get clear of my question
my question is do i need a programmer to download the bootloader program into at89s51 to enable it to use with my max232 circuit serial programming
or i don't need the programmer(because the factory come with it)?
i am not searching for the programmer circuit
i just need to know can i use the max232 to program it without using the ISP programmer before it to get the bootloader program in it
in the other word, does at89s51 come with factory build in bootloader program?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back