Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Does anyone make anything like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy1845c

This is not really in my area of electronics interest, or knowledge, but I was just going to kick it out there for the rest of you.

Myself, like most other 20 somthings, only have a cell phone. I have no lan line phone at home. When i'm at home, I have to make sure I keep the phone nearby, so I can hear it if it rings. If i forget it in my work pants pocket, or on the kitchen table, no body can get ahold of me. (sometimes nice, but no so much in an emergency or somthing)

Does anyone make some sort of base station that you could plug your cell phone into, and make it ring several hard wired satilite phones? This would be so nice for me, as I only get reception in some parts of my house. It would be nice to be able to plug the cell in in a good reception spot, where it could charge, and then have extension lines where I could talk from somplace more comfortable then right by a window or outside.

Anyone have any input on this? Sounds like a cool, but hard/impossible make somthing like this, but the phone manufactuers could certinly make it interface with some sort of docking station.

The only way I think it might be possible is by modifying the hands-free kit that came with the phone and using walkie talkies.

google "cell socket"

i've checked them out in the past, they only support big / ugly phones, and I tend to buy small / stylish phones. It would be nice to have.

You might want to consider VoIP for a "land line", a company called voicepulse used to have some really cheap packages, and of course, there's skype.

I have one of these: www.smarthome.com/50610.html
My land line was about $45/month with tax and a second cell is $10/month so I transferred my number to a second cell and it rings all the house phones. I can talk from any house wired phone and it goes out through the cell.

There are other companies but this is the one I have. Talk N Dock

One simple solution would be a amp/remote-speaker with a microphone mounted very close to the cell phone to make it louder.
Building on Hero's suggestion, some hands free kits for cars have a horn interface designed to honk the car horn when the phone rings. Adapting one of these may work if you can find one for your phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back