Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Does anyone know anything about VHDL programming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahoysailor

Hi,

i need to write a VHDL programme for my electronics course but don't have much knowledge in the subject.

need to write VHDL code that generates packets of binary data and displays them on a 7-seg display in hex. data includes 2 start bits which initialise the process. Only start bits 1-0 will be recognised. other start bits will be rejected until 1-0 is produced. Next comes a 4-bit header code which will be 1010. This bit of the specifies the receiver that the data will be sent to (always 1010). Next the channel bits. these are 2 bits that specify the channel the data is sent over. the channels are 0-0, 0-1, 1-0 or 1-1. Finally the data (4-bits) is sent over the channel. the data will actually be generated along with the channel so will be a 6-bit number. this number will be generated starting at 0-0-0-0-0-0 and increments by 1 on every negative clock edge.Once it reaches 1-1-1-1-1-1 it then repeats the cycle again. All data will then be sent to the display. the display has 4 7-seg displays.1st displays start code, 2nd header, 3rd channel, 4th data. all in hex. so 101010010011 will b 2A13

ANY help would be great, i'm just very lost...

Why is your electronics course requireing you to write code in VHDL without first teaching you VHDL or providing you refrences?
A simple Google search will provide plenty of information, keep in mind it's not an excessively easy language to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back