Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Does anyone know a good circuit program?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iawia

I have a system consisting of some simple ttl components. I would like to print out and look at a more organized version of the system with straight lines, and square boxes, with the ability to label components and put notes.

What programs are available for this? Freeware is great, however, I am willing to pay for something that is worth it. Also, being able to run simulations would be a big plus.

Thanks in Advance guys!

You can download ExpressPCB (a PC design program) and its companion, ExpressSCH, a schematic-drawing program, for free.

If it's a simulation program you be wanting, you can download LTspice for free here from Linear Technology. (It will also let you draw, print and share schematics.)

Last edited:
I recently downloaded Fritzing and I have enjoyed working with it. Taking a breadboard view through to schematic and PCB. I think it is still a work-in-progress, there are a few foibles, but I can relay the fact that it worked for me - up and running in no time at all, being 'productive' in a very short time.

I took a look at Design Spark that Ian mentioned and it does appear to be a very good, free program. It goes from schematic capture, to board layout and routing, and a neat feature of a 3D view of the laid out board. There appears to be no significant limits and it will output Gerber files so you can have the board built by the vendor of your choice.

I prefer Eagle to ExpressPCB/SCH because it is color-coded and easier to follow. You can find the Eagle lite version here:
Choose the right one for your operating system, install it, and you're ready to draw neat schematic and PCB designs! One of the best programs I've ever used.
Good luck!
Der Strom

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back