Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Does any one know about insulation system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvp2598

dear all,

does anyone know about insulation system and winding structure for power transformer?

i want to know about them and some figures that show how it should be built or how does it look like.

thank you in advance,

regards,

tvp2598

What do you want to use the transformer for? there are many ways to wind one, insulation depends on the voltages and the class of transformer.
Also, are you starting from scratch with a stack of core laminations and a roll of winding wire or are you trying to rebuild an existing transformer?

If you are just generally interested a good way to find out is to take an old transformer apart, you need to find one that had not been 'baked' solid with an epoxy laquer as these are very difficult to dismantle.

transformers

the first thing you'll need is some good cores. I wouldn't recommend making them on your own,because their is just too much precision work involved.
I would suggest purchasing the cores (usually come in two pieces - one slightly smaller than the other to provide air gap for flux current regulation). Once you have that you should use solid magnetic wire with insulation to produce required number of windings around the core. Different gagues make a difference, so pay attention to that. once you have all the windings in place use some sort of glue to hold all of them together (I forgot what the name of the stuff was, but pretty much anything will do), and wrap them around with electrical tape. You then use the clips that come with the cores to hold everything together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back