do you think the UK goverment should pledge more money towards green energy ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I once thought the higher rate of Air Travel Tax for long haul flight is meant to compensate people of other countries because the plane exhausts pollutant to other countries while flying pass them.

Ello governor!

the bloomin' yankees ain't adopting th kyoto protocol, what makes you think jolly old england and those blokes in the house' will approve ov such a thang?

Nigel Goodwin said:
You do realise all the UK government do is increase taxes and claim it's for green purposes?.

well its about time we ask them to stand up for what they say tax me sure 10 £ for catching a plane but if they tell me the money is because planes damage the environment then I want to see that money used to help improve the environment, if thats too hard they can be fair abolish this and other taxes and raise the VAT on all goods by 1-2 %

quixotron said:
Ello governor!

the bloomin' yankees ain't adopting th kyoto protocol, what makes you think jolly old england and those blokes in the house' will approve ov such a thang?

The yankees that aren't adopting the protocol are Mr Bush and his mates and unless you have lived apart from the rest of us for the last 7 years (and more) you will know what prifits they make out of fossil fuel I personally would like to see bush brought to justice if another person without his influence had done what he has they would have been jailed long ago mind you he would never have done it without such influence

Last edited:
eblc1388 said:
I once thought the higher rate of Air Travel Tax for long haul flight is meant to compensate people of other countries because the plane exhausts pollutant to other countries while flying pass them.

yea thats a good one even we aren't getting compensated its 36'000'000'000 pounds into state pockets and thats the last anybody has account of it. but naturally rescuing banks that don't know how to do business and take advantage of people is not a problem like also going to war on the basis of lies just to upkeep diplomatic relations with countries that are supposedly our friends

yeah, we should go back to horsedrawn carriages! God save the queen!

quixotron said:
yeah, we should go back to horsedrawn carriages! God save the queen!

don't be so gloomy I'll make you a special concession and allow you a bike for journeys shorter than 5 miles else you may use a car

god will wait till the world is about to end then come down and take all the beautiful young ladies (virgins if possible) who by then will be more than happy to get off this planet in return of a few.... favours

Thunderchild said:
god will wait till the world is about to end then come down and take all the beautiful young ladies (virgins if possible) who by then will be more than happy to get off this planet in return of a few.... favours

huh? what bible are you reading from? the gosel according to L. ron hubbard?

How is it that every topic ends up talking about some mythical character on this forum? Let's keep it in the "Do you believe in 'god'" thread...

Marks256 said:
How is it that every topic ends up talking about some mythical character on this forum? Let's keep it in the "Do you believe in 'god'" thread...

I was referencing to the british folks about the queen. i guess it was a slang that didn't pick up very well.

but anyways, any of you blokes have a rock band? it seems the UK is famous for thrash/metal bands.

quixotron said:
huh? what bible are you reading from? the gosel according to L. ron hubbard?

I've recently re-read a lot of his SciFi stuff - couldn't care less about his religious beliefs - or anyone elses), but he wrote some decent SciFi.

Nigel Goodwin said:
I've recently re-read a lot of his SciFi stuff - couldn't care less about his religious beliefs - or anyone elses), but he wrote some decent SciFi.

thanks nigel anybody's free to belieive what they like, I never brought god up so yes lets stick to the topic in hand shall we ?

quixotron said:
I was referencing to the british folks about the queen. i guess it was a slang that didn't pick up very well.

but anyways, any of you blokes have a rock band? it seems the UK is famous for thrash/metal bands.

the queen can go to hell as far as I am concerned

thunderchild said:
the queen can go to hell as far as I am concerned

Why? Seriously. I haven't heard much about politics on the other side of the world. Care to explain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…