Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Do you sing in the shower??

well do you sing in the shower

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pike

Well do you sing in the shower. My cousin says that singing in the shower is healthy and can boost confidence and self-esteem. Its the only place you feel "private and free" according to my cousin...

I sing in the shower sometimes!!! :lol:

As far as I'm aware?, the reasoning behind singing in the shower is for the acoustic properties, the hard flat surfaces and small room provide excellent natural reverberation - and reverb makes almost any voice sound musical.

So when you sing in the shower, you sound better than singing elsewhere, which presumably makes you feel good?.

Nigel Goodwin said:
As far as I'm aware?, the reasoning behind singing in the shower is for the acoustic properties, the hard flat surfaces and small room provide excellent natural reverberation - and reverb makes almost any voice sound musical.

If you want to hear bathroom acoustics at work, listen to Led Zeppelin's first album. Jimmy Page would put mikes in the studio's bathroom to record John Bonham's drums. That's presumably what makes the bass drum sound so huge and the overall band sound so "loud and heavy", at a time where rock recordings (1968-69) sounded much more "primitive".

I am always alert, that is why I never sing or dance because if I get caught again I would have to here it at thanksgiving and all the holidays where the family gathers up.

I can sing and yell as loud as i want on the freeway with the windows down and nobody will know :lol:

I sing everywhere except the shower. Shower water carries negatively charged buggermatrons that will live in you forever. So I try not to open my mouth.

I live in a house so i dont have any neigburs right in the other side of the wall.So i can do anyting loud,whithout disturbing them.But i dont do it.I dont know why i just dont.And no one in my famili dose sing in the shover.

what a question!! lol
the only time i sing is when ive got my music on realy loud and no1 can hear (not even me) lol :p

Joel Rainville said:
Nigel Goodwin said:

If you want to hear bathroom acoustics at work, listen to Led Zeppelin's first album. Jimmy Page would put mikes in the studio's bathroom to record John Bonham's drums. That's presumably what makes the bass drum sound so huge and the overall band sound so "loud and heavy", at a time where rock recordings (1968-69) sounded much more "primitive".

I've heard sessions of Johns drumming that were never used in actual releases, because our music tech teacher has shown them us (don't ask how he got them :lol: ). Yeah can hear him shouting and going mad through it, but it's quiet compared to the drums. Great sound though agreed :D . Oh, and in answer to the question, mostly for the good health of any local ears, no :lol:

Dr.EM said:
I've heard sessions of Johns drumming that were never used in actual releases, because our music tech teacher has shown them us (don't ask how he got them :lol: ). Yeah can hear him shouting and going mad through it, but it's quiet compared to the drums. Great sound though agreed :D

:shock: Wow, I'd love to hear those sessions :shock:

It's quite impressive the work they got done in the studio back in those days. Jimmy Page wasn't just a good showman, he was quite imaginative in the studio too. Not an engineer by any means, but the guy had an intuitive way of coming up with "techniques" that worked.

I don't sing in the shower either, I'd wake up at least 4 neighbours. :twisted:

Butt trumpet!
Hey! I still have the trombone I played in my high-school's band. It should work well if I can reach around to play it. I wonder what a tuba would sound like. French horn maybe?
:lol: :lol:

For those that sing in the shower one of those showers whith built a built in radio wod be some use.(I sean one)

I don't sing... but how many of you design/code in your head in the shower??

I'm guilty! What else is there to do?? oh yeah, wash up!

It's not the same as singing in the shower but sometimes I'm wet when lying on the beach designing circuits in my head (when I'm not distracted by the pretty young ladies wearing next to nuthin'!)

Optikon said:
I don't sing... but how many of you design/code in your head in the shower??

I'm guilty! What else is there to do?? oh yeah, wash up!
Do you know where do I mostly get the best Ideas/solutions?
When I am using the closet/toilet :lol:
I think it has to do with blood pressure, that will jump up, and my head will "fill" with fresh oxidised blood, so it helps me to think :lol:

Isn't that crazy? :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back