Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Do notes take place in code segment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

allegro

Hey,
I tend to write a lot of notes in my code, and wanted to know if notes take place in code segment?
I'm pretty short in space there and wanted to know if I should limit my notes writing.
Thanks.

Comments do not get compiled into the firmware that's downloaded to the controller.

No they don't - they are classed as comments, on a Pic for example they are preceeded by a ; which denotes a comment field.

The more notes you can put against the code the better - when you look back on your own code, weeks or months later they are a real help.

No they don't - they are classed as comments, on a Pic for example they are preceeded by a ; which denotes a comment field.
The syntax for comments is language specific, not microcontroller specific.

Last edited:
And there are ususally at least two methods available. Single line and start and end comment tags. Very few people use the start/end tags for the simple reason that if you forget the end tag or it gets deleted accidentally at a later point and your code editor does't have syntax highlighting you'll comment out every bit of code after the missed tag.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back