Do notes take place in code segment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

allegro

Hey,
I tend to write a lot of notes in my code, and wanted to know if notes take place in code segment?
I'm pretty short in space there and wanted to know if I should limit my notes writing.
Thanks.

No they don't - they are classed as comments, on a Pic for example they are preceeded by a ; which denotes a comment field.

The more notes you can put against the code the better - when you look back on your own code, weeks or months later they are a real help.

No they don't - they are classed as comments, on a Pic for example they are preceeded by a ; which denotes a comment field.
The syntax for comments is language specific, not microcontroller specific.

Last edited:
And there are ususally at least two methods available. Single line and start and end comment tags. Very few people use the start/end tags for the simple reason that if you forget the end tag or it gets deleted accidentally at a later point and your code editor does't have syntax highlighting you'll comment out every bit of code after the missed tag.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…