Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Do anyone know about this device? (B-PS4-1002-OLEKTRON)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willen

I got these two devices, it has RF IN, OUT, Rev, Fwd so it looks like a ready made reflection meter and SWR meter for RF transmitters. But I know nothing and getting problem to get information about it in the internet. If I could get some datasheet or app note, it would be nice.

Attachments

• B-PS4-1002 OLEKTRON.jpg
    B-PS4-1002 OLEKTRON.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 142
look it up on google.
It is a 115 to 400 MHz directional coupler. Plenty on ebay for $50.
Being BNC connectors is probably 50 ohm.
hope this helps.

I agree it is a directional coupler.

The manufacturer Olektron is now part of Crane
Looking through their website, I cannot find any reference to this item. My best guess is that it is now obsolete.

If you want some insight into the working of directional couplers, have a look here:

JimB

Hi,
It looks like it's a factory made SWR meter as I uploaded a diagram below. Bi-directional couplers sounds little complicated.

Attachments

• 400px-SWR_Meter.svg.png
    400px-SWR_Meter.svg.png
    6 KB · Views: 147
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back