Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Diy Audio mixer grounding help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

diy didi

Hi all.
I recently built a 5 channel audio mixer. Inputs are all unbalanced. It has Left & right output jacks on the rear.
All jack sockets are steel Switchcraft types.
Unit has an internal transformer power supply with mains safety earth tied to the chassis.
My question is, will it be OK to connect the input &output socket grounds directly to the chassis or will I need to isolate all the sockets from the steel chassis?
To be honest, I have already mounted them directly without any audible issues. Im just curious about the proper way of doing this and the theory behind it. The output of the mixer is connected to my audio power amp and speakers. Any help appreciated!

Attachments

• BB84A15E-0383-4580-8226-C5A6D7174CCA.jpeg
    BB84A15E-0383-4580-8226-C5A6D7174CCA.jpeg
    862.9 KB · Views: 170
If you have no issues, then that's perfectly fine - but normally you wouldn't mount them so they ground to a metal chassis, as you're then grounding them twice - unless you leave the screen on the connecting cable disconnected at one end.

But if it works, no worries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back