Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Diving into robotics. any and all help appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

compute_a_nerd

Hello forum. Here is the deal. I am currently a Junior in high-school, I have always been interested in electronics- but not too knowledgable. When I apply to colleges I want to be able to put down a great independent study that I worked on during my high school career, and I figured robotics would be the perfect thing. My Idea is to have a robot that will follow (eithor behind or to the side) me in the halls of the school, and carry my backpack/papers. I would also like it to open doors, but I'm not too optomistic about that aspect. I would like it to be a hands free robot- no remote control, but rather react to sensors on my body to follow me around. I know I would have to somehow compensate for the abstract movement of my body, but what sensor could do this? Is it possible for speed and direction to be both driven off of one wireless sensor? Any and all information on this and robotics in general would help. Websites, papers, emails.
I would greatly appreciate any and all help.
Thank you so much
Chris

well, that is a cool thing to build. and pretty achievable target too.
first of all i sud tell u that keep that opening of doors approach aside for the moment, bcoz that is a bit complicated n involve some expertise. u can always attach it later..... :wink:
then the rest of the things r quite easy....
u have to build a wheeled mobile robot, with one sensor to keep in tuch with a sensor, which wud be say hanging from ur body.
and another pair of sensors could detect obstacles in the path and move accordingly.
u can implement stair climbing wheel arrangements also.
i am alo interested in building a similar thing. :)
Subhasis

assembly robot

subhasis said:
well, that is a cool thing to build. and pretty achievable target too.
first of all i sud tell u that keep that opening of doors approach aside for the moment, bcoz that is a bit complicated n involve some expertise. u can always attach it later..... :wink:
then the rest of the things r quite easy....
u have to build a wheeled mobile robot, with one sensor to keep in tuch with a sensor, which wud be say hanging from ur body.
and another pair of sensors could detect obstacles in the path and move accordingly.
u can implement stair climbing wheel arrangements also.
i am alo interested in building a similar thing. :)
Subhasis

Dear subhasis,

Hope you are well in robotics , i need a small favour in this regard.
I would like to build a robot which can assemble a small fixture.
its a switch box consist of two half pieces, and it contain two switch.
Robot has to place two switches in the hole and take cover and place it on the top of the first one and put two swrews and tight it , thats all.

Will it be possible to do it , if so please help to to do the same.its request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back