Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

distance measurement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xbee is using RF which travels at the speed of light almost. How far of a distance? For less than 10 meters you could use Ultrasonic frequency or a measuring tape.

Wasn't this covered in the other thread? Someone proposed a brute force system where the 2 RF devices just ping each other back and forth a few hundred times and measure the total elapsed time.

Assuming all other timing issues remain consistant the total elapsed time will be affected by the distance and can be used to calc the distance.

Wasn't this covered in the other thread? Someone proposed a brute force system where the 2 RF devices just ping each other back and forth a few hundred times and measure the total elapsed time.

Assuming all other timing issues remain consistant the total elapsed time will be affected by the distance and can be used to calc the distance.
i dont thing that this will suite for me.
actually what i want is that
1.i want to measure distance.
2.i want to communicate.
what i think is that for the 1st reason use ultrasonic
for the 2nd reason use xbee.
but i thought why cant i use something that will satisfy both my requirements.
is it possible?not with xbee with something else it may be possible
why i need this i that i have about som 5-6 toy cars that will be controlled from a computer.
if one car comes in the back of other car i want to reduce the speed of the back car at a certain distance.next is that i want to communicate with front car.(sending some messages)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back