Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dissertation Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan.gennard

I am a 3rd year Mechatronics Engineer and for my dissertation I am doing a project on dog care. I was thinking of designing an electronic kennel that would look after the dog for a day or 2 without the owner being present. I was going to incorporate a temperature controlled heater, timer released food, internet web camera and a door that would only let the dog you want inside. Any ideas of what kind of coding and equipment this would involve would be a big help? Also if there is any other suggestions on what should be incorporated in this project I would be very grateful.
Dan Gennard

Last edited:
How about an automatic call to a 3rd party in case the owner doesn't reset the kennel within a certain period? The third party could then be sure the dog is cared for. Owners can get tied up, delayed, etc. beyond their control. John

Additional thoughts : 1) How will you prevent the dog from going out in inclement weather? 2) Can you prevent someone from stealing the dog using bait?

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back