Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

displaying temp on lcd

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks again rajbex, you and your site are proving very helpfull :)

I will order a 18b20 and give it a try.

In the meantime, I will try to learn c pic programming is there any tutorials you would recomend?

I would like to learn how to integrate a menu with the lcd and how to display the temp in farenheit. Also I would like to turn the thermometer into a thermostat so will need some way of setting a temp and comparing it to the temp given by the sensor. Can you point me in the right direction please?

Last edited:
1. For programming a PIC in C, read this: PIC Microcontrollers - Programming in C - Free Online Book - mikroElektronika

2. For changing the thermometer into a thermostat, you need to know how to read and write data to the internal EEPROM memory of the PIC. You need this memory to store the upper and lower temperature settings that the user enters. EEPROM because, you don't want to lose the settings in case of power failed to your thermostat circuit.
There is an alternative method to do this. The DS1820 has Alarm High Trigger and Alarm Low Trigger registers (Experiments with PIC16F628A: DS18S20 : 1-Wire Digital Thermometer and mikroC OneWire Library) that you can program.
The next experiment with my board is on accessing EEPROM. I will post it today evening or tomorrow.
- Raj
Experiments with PIC16F628A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back