Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Displaying Data

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duckvader

I've created a lie detector circuit mearsuring heart rate, blood pressure, skin resistance voltage and perspiration rate and passed it through a ADC.

I need help in writing a software to detect the datas to display them.

Can anyone help me.

I'm considering taking 3 reading (heart rate, skin resistance and perspiration rate) oni to reduce complexity. Wat r the step or instruction tat muz be written to detect these 3 input data.

If I'm using a serial or parallel port wat is the BEST software tat I can use to link the circuit.

you have to write your own software for your requirements, any programming language can do like in C

#include <conio.h>
#include <stdio.h>

int main ()
{
int reading;
reading = inp (0x378); /*if you are using parallel port &H378*/
printf("Reading is %d.\n",reading);
getch();
return 0;
}

Serial port would probably be cleaner but you need to add a level shifter/inverting chip, like a MAX233. You can also poll the parallel port.

I use Powerbasic for GUI programming and they have a trial DOS BASIC version.

Are you doing this for fun or a commercial app?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back